Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sarajevo

I stayed two nights at Haris Youth Hostel.
I was tired of being sick so I went to the doctor. They took a sample of my blood and said I had an infection and told me to go to the hospital. Haris took me to the hospital and they did a very thorough check. They were worried I had the flu or swine and they had to do an expensive test on me that took a long time.
I was taken to a room to lay down and they gave me an antibiotic on an iv. I lied there for over 3 hours. Finally they told me my results were negative and I only have a virus. The doctor prescribed bed rest and some medicine similar to TheraFlu.
I slept the rest of the day and night.
The next day I went on a tour of Sarajevo. I didn't want to miss out! I saw sniper alley, the tunnel build to escape and bring back supplies, the snow luve in the mountains for the Olympics, the Olympics museum and parts of old town.
Today I am relaxing in a double room in old town.
Tonight is a party to celebrate Haris Hostel's 6 yr bday
I will relax until then.
Tomorrow morning I will get on a 7 hour bus ride to Bihac (in the northwest corner of Bosnia). I am excited to do some white water rafting or kayaking on the Una river this weekend.
Hopefully I can get enough rest today and on the bus ride to feel better again. I have been feeling so exhausted from my cold that when faced with a difficult question I just start crying.
I do not want to cry anymore, I just want to enjoy myself!

1 comment:

  1. Great to catch up with your new posts. I was at a T-Mobile "party" last night and talked with a young guy about your trip. He has traveled all over, and said Croatia and Bosnia are some of his favorite places he's ever been! He said the coast line is gorgeous, and the people are very friendly and helpful, even the ones who don't speak english!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete