Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Bosnia

I headed back to Dubrovnik and stayed overnight at the Backpackers Club because I knew where it was. The next morning I headed to Mostar on the bus.
Yeah Bosnia!
I stayed near a river and I saw some local guys jumping in and it was so hot I decided to give it a try.
The river was freezing, about 10 decrees. I was hoping it would knock out my cold but it did not! boo
There were a few guys staying at the hostel, everyone else was on a tour. We made scrambled eggs, veggies and rice for dinner. It was pretty good and cheap.
The next day we all sat around relaxing. Then everyone left except me and a nice guy named Frazier. We walked around and visited some historic places in town. He was very nice and it was great hearing about someone elses adventures.
There is a big orange school that is the only unsegregated school in the city. We visited 3 old bank buildings that are were destroyed but are still standing. One of them became a sniper tower and Frazier ran up to look for shell casings. I stayed in the park watching a man tear off metal from the outside of the bank building.

The next day I took the tour offered by the hostel of the surrounding area. There was soo much to see and I was coughing all morning in the van.
We went to Kravice waterfalls and got to climb behind them, jumped from a rope swing.
We visited the hills where teenagers saw the mother mary.
an old turkish house built under a cliff,
and Pocitj and old medival town where only 4 people still live.
The tour was 14 hours and I was exhausted when it was over. I came home and went right to bed
In the morning I took the train to Sarajevo. I met a nice young couple from Holland on the train and they shared their candy.
My hostel is a long walk up hill from the old town but it has a beautiful view.

No comments:

Post a Comment