Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Graz - Austria

I took a 2.5 hr bus ride and then a 4 hour train ride (split between 3 trains!) to get to Graz. The woman in charge of WWOOF Austria, Hildegard, met me at the train station and I am staying at her house. She is very nice and we have been talking about everything. I think she enjoys sharing a meal with me and I do the dishes.

Now is the hard part. There is a list of over 1000 organic farm families in and around Austria. I need to choose 1 or 2 to visit and help out at for a week or so. The list is long and I don't know who to choose. She will help me pick a few to email. Hopefully I will find one to take me ASAP and head their way.

I am very interested in one farm that makes icecream! You know I love icecream! and I would also like to work on a vineyard. I like wine and would like to know more about how it is made!

I will let you know what I pick!
Tonight Hildegard will take me up the Mountain to see where she used to live in the Country. I don't know when I will leave here for a farm, but she doesn't seem to mind. :)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are going great! Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun you are having! Ice cream and wine - how do you beat it?
    Love,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful!!
    -jenn

    ReplyDelete