Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ljubljana

Tuesday, I took the train from Zagreb to Ljubljana, the capital of Slovenia.
It is small and pretty and laid back. Yesterday I met a nice man in the lobby of my hostel and we went to grab a drink and chatted for a few hours. It was really nice and easy. I told him about how I'm thinking about opening my own hostel. He had some great suggestions.

He was Swiss and will take some friends Biking around Croatia in a couple weeks and he was planning his route.

We both are very travel oriented and we talked about American's work mentality. It was a very nice time. And afterward I came back to my hostel for a nap!

I couldn't believe it was almost 8 when I woke up! I showered and went out for dinner. I had a nice salad with shrimp and a glass of white wine. It was a nice dinner. I walked around looking for some music events, but I was too late and they were cleaning up.

Today, I took a walking tour of the old town of Ljubljana and decided to stay another night.
Tomorrow I plan to take a train and a bus to Bovec to do some more rafting and canyoning. I'm taking a train and then a bus rather then just a bus, because I can use my eurail pass and then only pay 7 euro or something for the bus.

I'm thinking about squeezing in a few more travel days before I start volunteering, because I still have 5 days left of my EuRail pass.
I'm really excited to start volunteering and Jenn will be joining me, so we can share this organic farming experience!

I feeling very happy and relaxed now, the first month my emotions were up and down, but now I've got a hang of it and having a great time!

2 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying reading about your travels, and the pictures are awesome!
    Love,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been almost a week - I'm anxious to hear what adventures you are having now!
    Love,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete