Monday, July 20, 2009

Pletvice Lakes National Park

I wanted to get to the park in the early morning, but was getting a ride there from those crazy men. They stayed up drinking all night and were all hung over. We didn't leave until afternoon. Which worked out ok because it gave me time to chat with Bjeli's daughter who lives in Graz (she said I could stay with her while I'm in Austria!) and I got to walk to the spring by their house one last time.
I absolutely loved the park. When I got there it was confusing where to go to buy my ticket and store my big backpack but once I got on the trails and away from the crowds it was great. I followed Rick Steve's recommendation and saw that it was the same as one of the recommendations in the park, but backwards! So I was going against the crowds and had whole patches of solitude around the lakes. That was the best part. It was a beautiful day, since it had rained the day before it was cool and sunny. Very similar to hiking in Seattle!
I loved the park and caught the last bus to Zagreb

I'm here now in Zagreb for 2 nights, to relax and catch up on my blog and I started a flikr account for my photos because I have so many!
Check them out at www.flikr.com/beckstravelingagain

No comments:

Post a Comment