Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Well I'm in the town of Split. I had a great time staying in Zadar with my new friend Gloria. I was thinking about taking a boat tour of Kornati National Park, but the weather was suppose to be bad so I decided to head down to Split instead.
I took the bus to Sibenic and hiked to the castle walls on the hill and took some photos. Then when it looked like it was going to rain I got on a bus for Split.
It was raining when I got here and a woman was standing right off the bus offering her Sobe, I took one from her friend and followed her to a private room. I had my own room with 2 twins and a bathroom down the hall. An Australian couple are down the hall they invited me in for a home cooked meal of chicken and pasta.
I'm feeling rather lonely. I think I've been moving to much. I think I need plans. Because without plans, the day goes very slowly and I feel awfully overwhelmed.
I found a hostel tonight, so I can meet some other young people. I think I'll head to the beach in a bit.
I need to relax. But I feel mostly lonely and overwhelmed.
How do I cope?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Becky! I think it is normal to feel like that sometimes when you are traveling. Maybe stay put in one spot (where there is a nice beach and a few other things you want to see) for a few days and relax a bit. You are going to be fine. Maybe you will meet some fun people in the hostel who will want to join you on a day trip or two...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting lonely is part of traveling. Even when you travel with a partner or friend, loneliness happens. It is part of the journey. It would be exhausting to be around a crowd of new people all the time. So consider what balance of busy and quiet work for you. Travel is both an inward an outward journey.

    ReplyDelete